Sunday, June 3, 2012

Doll Quilt and Pillow

I've been into a little early Christmas gift making this year. Some of the little girls in my life will be receiving these miniature doll quilts with matching pillows.
(Sorry, I still haven't figured out how to stop my phone photos from cutting themselves off on one side.)
I love these little sets. They are made almost entirely with scraps, so are budget friendly, and they're quick to make. And, I think they're pretty adorable, too.
This one is a basic patchwork quilt, about 18 inches square. I cheated on the binding by just folding the backing over to the front. There are only two lines of quilting. Keeping it simple! The pillow is a rectangle of folded, sewed and stuffed fabric -- again, nothing fancy, but I remember loving this sort of thing when I was a kid. Feels like so long ago.

3 comments:

  1. They are just adorable. Good for you for thinking ahead; I know you are going to be really busy come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet gift idea. I know the little girls in your life will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first quilt had the same binding and I never thought of it as cheating ! In fact, the backing was a sheet and when I wrapped it to the front it made 5" borders all around ! I think it makes a dandy way to bind a quilt !

    ReplyDelete